Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ETL 504 - Conflict Resolution


Complete the Conflict Resolution Questionnaire .


What is your approach to managing conflict?
Does this match to how you think of yourself?
What areas do you think you need to develop?


This is what the questionnaire said about me:

Based on the responses you gave, it appears that your style of conflict resolution tends to be best described as:
Compromising. You tend to express about average assertiveness and cooperation. Some of your associates may think of you as a fox because of your ability to make trade offs to accomplish what you want by helping the other person gain what he/she wants.




I think this is probably spot on to how I deal with conflict.  I do like to look for a way both parties can win of possible.  I don’t like that it says that makes me a fox however, that seems a negative way to describe something I would think was a good thing. 

I’m not assertive, and as a casual, I always feel like if I push against something I think is unfair, I won’t be asked back.  I did a block last year and had a situation where a principal didn’t treat me particularly well over an issue that was out of my control (a kid vomited in the library).  When I was telling the regular librarian about it, she thought I should go to the union and complain.  It never crossed my mind.  I like the school, I want to work there, there is no way I am making waves.  I would say in my role as a casual, my style is more roll over and let people do what they want :/.  I’m hoping that is simply because of current circumstances, and I would actually have more backbone if things were different.

No comments:

Post a Comment