Thursday, July 21, 2011

Multiliteracy

I am reading the Herring article again tonight, taking more notes, highlighting more sections, and feeling utterly overwhelmed by how much I don't know, and how impenetrable the article seems to me.

Part of my problem is that I'm not familiar with all the terms that are used.  I am thankful that I have the advantage of having read the second chapter of the 501 text by Herring, which is far more accessible, and which introduced me to the wonder of Google Advanced Search.

I will confess now, to even consulting the Wikipaeida site in search of a definition for that illusive word "multiliteracy", and even the Big W didn't help me get a handle on it.  I did come across an extremely interesting looking blog though, which I have added to my interesting links list.

I feel stupid tonight :-(.  I know I'm not.  But thats how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment